Sunday, June 2, 2013

Setting Up A Ground Blind For The Fall Bow Deer Hunt

I recently purchased a new Ameristep Backstrap hub blind. Features are rugged hub wall design, 9 shoot through mesh window openings, quiet toggle window closures, carbon enhanced  Shadowguard interior, covered in Realtree AP camouflage. Dimensions 65"H x 63" W X 65" D. I am going to set it up today( 06/2/13) in my deer hunting area in order for the deer to get accustom to it.

I found this site for the blind in March and marked it with the GPS. There is a well traveled deer trail just 20 yards to the north and several rubs in the surrounding area. This spot is in heavy cover and I had to clear an area to set up the blind. The next job is to clear some shooting lanes and clear a path to enter and exit the site.







No comments: